Monday, March 24, 2008

MOI & Other Updates...

On Thursday, "quite a few" files made their way from the Ministry of Interior (MOI) to the Immigration Office. So, we should hear of kids getting passports pretty soon. I do not know the exact number of files, but for example, one particular orphanage had 12 files released.

Also, several people were fired from the Immigration Office (passport office) for accepting bribes, these people accepted money for getting passports faster. Please keep in mind that this passport office not only issues adoption passports but it also processes the regular Haitian passports as well. I have no idea what passports these individuals were working on, all I know that they were fired and possibly arrested as well for accepting bribes.

In regards to the IBESR files that were released, only orphanages/attorneys with the apporpriate power of attorney for an individual file are allowed to get individual information about that particular file. I was told that files with bio kids were signed as well.

As I receive information, I pass it on via my blog. I cannot find out about individual files, that is beyond the scope of what I can do.