Monday, February 25, 2008

Misc. Updates...

1) I was asked to write an editorial-opinion piece for a newspaper regarding the situation in Haiti. I submitted my final draft to the editor over the weekend. I will post it on the blog once it has been published. The editorial is supposed to be published prior to the San Diego conference.

I never know what happens in the editing process, but in my final draft, I addressed the UNICEF involvement in Haitian adoptions, and what happened in Parquet and MOI during 2007.

2) I have gotten several responses from adoptive families stuck in Parquet. The orphanages and adoption lawyers have to also give their consent.

3) I have submitted my thesis statement (12 pages) and annotated bibliography (8 pages) to the Law Review Journal Committee for review. I will have a meeting next week were they will pick it apart and I have to do a "thesis defense" as part of the writing process. Of course my law review article deals with international adoptions.

4) Remember, the U.S. Consulate is closed for the month of April 2008 because they are moving from their downtown building to the newly constructed U.S. Embassy at the outskirt of Port-au-Prince. During that time no adoption visas will be issued.

5) I hope that you guys don't get tired of me posting Joshua photos...