Tuesday, February 26, 2008

On my way to Germany...


....I am on my way to Germany and won't be back until Sunday night. My favorite uncle died. :-(

Anyway...he died in his sleep of a heart attack. The sad thing is that he was only 62 years old. He was one of the most fun people I have ever come across. He was somebody you could go out and steal horses with. :) He actually taught me how to ride horse and used to train me when I used to ride competitive horse jumping and dressage.

I will very much miss him as will my kids...he was never married and never had kids. (He was a bit of a playboy.) My kids loved him because they felt how much he loved kids. (I guess it was easy for him because he never had to change a dirty diaper, etc. He just got to have the kids to have fun with and to play tricks on us, the parents.)

This is a photo of Alfons, my uncle, he is the guy in the yellow shirt on the right.

I am not sure how much internet access I will have while in Germany. I am bringing my laptop, but am not sure how it will work with the 220 voltage.

I will get to see my sister and my niece. I will also spend some time with my friend Astrid who adopted two children from Haiti a few years ago. Also, I will get to see my great-uncle.

I am taking Tamarah with me...she is getting some serious frequent flier miles!