Tuesday, November 6, 2007

My most recent Haiti trip...part 1

I just got back from Haiti on Sunday (November 4th). I had the opportunity to spend time and to speak with the Chief Cabinet of the Ministry of Interior (MOI) for several hours on Friday morning. I gave him the list of the children whose files are still stuck in MOI. I will meet with him again the week of November 19th.

Please, if you are a family whose file is stuck in MOI and has been in MOI longer than three months (i.e. prior to August 2007) can you check with your orphanage to see if all the paperwork is in order? According to the Chief Cabinet, the files that are inside of MOI for longer than three months are there because there are problems with a document. I told him that this was not the case for many of the files... but I need good information. I cannot just guess that there are no problems with papers.