Friday, May 2, 2008

Updates... :)

Joshua was home for a couple of weeks. He left again for NYC yesterday morning. I felt so sad seeing him leave. He called me in the evening sounding rather homesick.

I asked him how he could miss his two-year-old slobbering and head-butting sister, his seven-year-old brother who always bothers him, his eight-year-old sister who always complains about him, and his 12-year-old sister who always bosses him around... and he just said,

"Oh mom, but I miss you guys so much!"

He laughed and said that he missed all the things that he always complaints about.
So, I had him promise me to call me twice per day to let me know how he is doing and how he is feeling. I know that once he gets back into the swing of things that he will feel better. He is going to Milan, Italy and Paris, France to do some of the fashion shows in June. He called me today and said that they want him to do some work in South Africa. But, I am not sure about that trip because South Africa has a really high crime rate. We go to Haiti all the time, but he is with family then, so I do not worry. But if he was to go to South Africa, he would be without any family member. It is not supposed to be until July, so we have some time to discuss this.


Here are two photos that I have not posted before, I don't think...

Today was a great day at work. I was informed that my school was awarded the grant that I had written for new document cameras and projectors for classrooms. Today, I got a telephone call that were were awarded the grant...my first grade teachers did a "happy dance" during lunch today because they are the ones who will be getting the document cameras and projectors. $12,000 worth of great technology!


Then, I got an email to tell me that our schools is being honored at a banquet in June for our continued high academic achievement. The award is called: Title I Academic Achievement Award. (Title I is the federal education funding that is given to high poverty schools. About 70% of my school's students are living below the poverty level.)


Mind you...now I need to spend the weekend studying for law exams. I have a four-and-a-half hour exam Monday evening and another one the following Monday evening... YIKES!


Oh yes, and I have Federal Jury Duty on Monday! They will probably excuse me though because I was a police officer before going into education and I am a law student...two things that most attorneys don't like...so I always get excused.